Arif, the man who love to silenced everyone in chat group with his word of wisdom like “diem *insert name here*”. Beside that, he is a very kind man, he let me and some friend from Bandung,to stay for a night in his house when attending racing event called Balap Liar. That time is first time i met him, so it’s like a blind date to us, nope just kidding.
He start using fixed gear in 2009, then he met Hendi (Westbike owner), after he met Hendi, his cycling circle is become larger. His contribution in Indonesia fixed gear scene is when he and some friends organizing Fixed Gear Marathon back in 2012, and last year he participating in Cycle Messenger World Championship in Paris along with Echa and other WMS Team. Arif told me the moment when he participating in CMWC is unforgotable moment for him, he share story and met another messenger from another part of the world.
He living his life by become an employee in a Jakarta outdoor advertising company, because while working it’s impossible for doing bike to work, so he only do cycling in night after work or weekend. About community, he is one of pioneer of Not so Fast (NSF), along with Reza Adhiatma (Echa) and Aldi Latjuba (Gondrong). NSF has held two alleycat race called “Alleycat Party” in 2015 and 2016. He hope he can still held Alleycat Party in the future, as appreciation for all cyclist, especially for fixed gear scene.
– Samson NJS size 50
– Headset Hatta Swan Deluxe NJS
– Thomson Elite seatpost 27.2mm
– Selle Italia L1 Flite saddle
– Cinelli XA 90mm stem, 26.0mm clamp.
– Cinelli Eubios anatomic dropbar, 420mm width.
– Cinelli World Champion bartape.
– Factory Five Pista 20H (front) & 24H (rear)
– Vittoria Zaffiro Slick 23c (front)
& Continental GP4000 23c (rear)
– Sugino 75 NJS crank arm, 165mm arm length.
– Hatta Swan NJS bottom bracket.
– Sugino Zen NJS 48t chainring.
– Shimano PD-M520 MTB cleat pedal.
– Izumi chain.